Guests staying at Chesters Stables will be warmly welcomed by The Walwick Hall reception team, which is manned 24hrs a day, 7 days a week. Please call (+44)1434 620 156.
Below are some of our customers most frequently asked questions. If you have a query that’s not listed below? Send us an email and we’ll get back in touch.
What is your gift card and gift voucher policy?
Our gift cards and gift vouchers are valid for a period of 12 months from the date of purchase and cannot be redeemed after this period. Walwick Hall reserves the right to update and change the terms and conditions of our gift cards and gift vouchers at any time and will review gift card queries on an individual basis. This includes times of closure forced upon us due to Government Restrictions and Acts of Nature.
What are your Check In and Check Out times?
Guests at Chesters Stables are available to check in at 3pm on arrival day. Check out is 10:00 on departure day.
What are your Terms & Conditions, including your Cancellation Policy?
CHESTERS STABLES TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. A booking deposit of 25% is required to secure your Chesters Stable if made more than 6 weeks in advance. Full payment is required if booking within 6 weeks of arrival.
2. Reservations and Payment of Rentals: Telephone reservations MUST be confirmed by payment of deposit, or final balance immediately. At present we can accept payment via bank transfer. Reservations are considered confirmed only upon receipt of the reservation deposit and subject to the acceptance of the reservation.
3. The balance of your accommodation must be paid at least 6 weeks before your arrival date and we will contact you to remind you. Failure to pay the final deposit will result in the loss of your reservation and no refund will be made.
4. Cancellations: You have 48 hours after payment of deposit to cancel your booking, after which time any booking that is cancelled, the full rental, or deposit is NOT refundable. All cancellations must be confirmed in writing and received before the due date.
5. Cancellation and Curtailment Insurance: It is strongly recommended that insurance be taken out for all bookings. Having to cancel your holiday for whatever reason is hard enough but the loss of deposit or total rental can come as an additional setback. To minimise this unfortunate occurrence, you should take out Holiday Insurance. When you reserve your holiday property you are entering into a legally binding contract. If you are unable to take your holiday property, then you will be liable to pay a Cancellation Charge and this could amount to the total cost of your holiday.
6. Period of Let: Rentals begin at 3.00pm on the day of arrival and end at 10.00am on the day of departure. Any delayed departure may incur additional charges at our reasonable discretion.
7. Keys: You will be sent your security code for the door lock 24 hours prior to arrival. Any lost keys or unreturned keys will result in a £100.00 fine.
8. Cleaning: The Stable will be cleaned before your arrival and it is expected that the private ownership of the Stable will be respected and that it will be left in a clean and tidy manner. If additional cleaning is required, charges may be incurred to cover additional costs.
9. Damages: If there are any “accidents” or breakages during the stay please make a note and leave in the apartment for the housekeepers. You will be required to pay for replacements.
10. Inventory: There will be a list of all items within your stable, any items missing on
your arrival must be reported within 2 hours of your arrival. Any item missing after your departure will be charged for.
11. Previous Damages: If for whatever reason there has been damage caused in the Stable by previous guests and there are items/facilities we will always do our upmost to have these resolved before your arrival. If they cannot be repaired/replaced by the time of your arrival then we cannot be held responsible for this. If in the rare occasion that this happens we will contact you as soon as possible to make you aware.
12. Restrictions on Rental: The owners reserve the right to refuse rentals or terminate a rental for improper use or unacceptable behaviour. Rentals will not be accepted in respect of any guest under 21 years old. It is also as condition of booking that no Stable can be sub-let to a Third Party by the Principal Guest. If this is found to be the case, the Third Party will have no legal right of occupancy and will be required to
vacate the apartment. If the party size exceeds the agreed maximum occupancy of the lodge, the let will be terminated early, with no refund. The owners or their representative may inspect the property at any time during the rental period.
13. Dissatisfaction: Should a guest be dissatisfied for whatever reason with the accommodation secured they must notify the Stable Owners within 2 hours of arrival. The Guest must also notify the owners immediately of any damage or defect detected during their stay. Failure to do so may result in the Guest being liable to any damages or defects.
14. Pets: Family pets can be taken to these Pet Friendly Suites, but must sleep in their own beds, not those at the Stable. Pets are not allowed on the furniture at the Stable and a small extra cleaning charge of £30 per dog will be charged. Dogs should not be left unattended. Must be kept on a lead and prohibited from fouling areas around the Stables. Any fouling must be cleaned up by the Dogs owner. Please note the linen and
towels provided are not for pet use.
15. Bed Linen: Bed linen and towels for maximum occupancy are provided in the Stables. Please remove Bed Linen after your stay and leave on bedroom floor and towels in the Bath.
16. Cots and High Chairs: Cots and High Chairs must be pre-booked prior to arrival. Bed linen & mattress are NOT provided for cots. Based on availability.
17. Liability and responsibility: The owners cannot be held responsible or accept any liability for loss, damage or injury sustained whilst on the properties (see point 27.). Please ensure you take all of your belongings with you, we will do our best to return any items found. (see point 26.)
18. Exclusion of The Rent Act: The contract effected on confirmation of reservation relates to a holiday let only and is therefore not an assured tenancy in terms of Housing Act. This confers on the guest the right to occupy the property for the period agreed for holiday purposes only, in terms of Schedule 4 Section of the
19. Winter: It must be appreciated that the Stables are situated in Northumberland, where sometimes the weather can be changeable. You must satisfy yourself that your clothing and footwear is adequate for any outdoor activity and you are properly equipped for the journey to the Stables. As the Stables are in a rural area we recommend that you bring a torch.
20. Adverse Travel Conditions: In the event of road closure due to adverse weather conditions or any form of 3rd party industrial action the owners cannot be held responsible for non-arrival of guests at the Stables and no refunds will be given.
21. Utilities: Any failure of Utility Services to any lodges, e.g. electricity, water supply, wastewater services, TV signal, WiFi, refuse collection, oil or log delivery by third-party suppliers which is totally beyond the control of the Stable owners. The owners cannot be held responsible in any way and no refunds will be given in the event of any supply or service failure.
22. Smoking: We request that you do not smoke in any of the Stables. External ashtrays are provided and we ask you not to throw your cigarette buts into the yard areas. Anyone found to have been smoking within the Stable will receive an automatic fine of £200.00. If you are smoking outside please ensure the external doors are closed to prevent any smoke entering the property and setting the fire alarm off.
23. Candles: Due to the high fire risk, candles are not allowed in the apartments.
24. Items left in Lodge: A minimum administration fee of £5.00, plus any postage & packing will be levied for return of items left in the Stables after your stay.
25. Parking: Loading and un-loading in permitted in front of your stable, then all cars must be parked in the designated car parking areas signed A,B or C.
26. Rubbish Disposal: Please make sure all rubbish items are correctly disposed of in the correct Refuse Bins.
27. Terms and Conditions: The owners reserve the right to change any of the specifications of the Stable at any time. Any changes in terms & conditions will appear on the website.
28. Extraordinary Circumstances: Guests should be aware that the Stable is privately owned, for events totally beyond our control, e.g. destruction of property due to flood, fire, earthquakes or acts of God; or that the property is inhabitable due to irreparable damage or on Health & Safety issues that could not reasonably have been foreseen; or because of sale or withdrawal of property by the owners. Any arising issues regarding
refund of rentals in such cases will be a matter contractually between the guest and the apartment owners.
Is there an out-of-hours contact?
Can I use the hotel Dining Room and Bar at Walwick Hall?
Guests of Chesters Stables and all Non Residents are more than welcome to join us for Breakfast, Afternoon Tea, Dinner & Sunday Lunch. All visits must be booked in advance by calling (+44)1434 620 156.
All visits must be paid for at the time of service as a Pay As You Go system. Unfortunately, we cannot open or set up a credit account for guests. Please note Walwick Hall Hotel operate a cashless policy.
Can I use the Spa?
Can I bring my dog to Walwick Hall during my stay at Chesters Stables?
Unfortunately, we do not allow dogs onsite at Walwick Hall Hotel – besides The Terrace upon request.
What is included in my Suite?
Please note, Chesters Stables is fully self-catered and will not be serviced throughout your stay.
- A starter pack of tea, coffee pods, milk, toilet rolls and dishwasher tablets are provided.*
- Chesters Stables can help source additional items at further cost if needed, (this includes tea bags and coffee pods)
- Full linens and towels are provided
- All kitchens are fully equipped if you do decide to cook
- Starter packs for your log fire are provided. Additional logs can be purchased throughout your stay.
- Starter toiletries are provided in bathrooms. Additional can be purchased throughout your stay.
*Please note, these items will be provided at the beginning of your stay and guests will then be welcome to provide their own thereafter.